Hotfix – Vulnerability detected in the Internet protection level control in Panda Internet Security 2008.Geschrieben am 7. März 2008 Keine Kommentare
Information applies to:
Panda Internet Security 2008
- Windows 2000 Professional
- Windows XP (32-bit Edition)
- Windows XP (64-bit Edition)
- Windows Vista (32-bit Edition)
- Windows Vista (64-bit Edition)
A vulnerability has been detected in the Internet protection level control included in Panda Antivirus+ Firewall 2008 and Panda Internet Security 2008.
The vulnerability has been located in the Cpoint.sys driver, which causes a memory corruption when handling malformed requests.
When exploited, this vulnerability could cause:
- Denial of service attacks which could crash the system.
- Arbitrary code execution which could compromise system security.
Hackers do not need specific user permissions to exploit this vulnerability.
Hotfix hfp120801s1.exe has been developed to resolve this situation in Panda Internet Security 2008.
Steps for applying the hotfix
Download hotfix hfp120801s1.exe (456 KB)
Save the file to your hard disk (to the Windows Desktop, for example).
Run the downloaded file. To do this, double-click on the hfp120801s1.exe file to apply the hotfix.
Restart the computer when prompted.